Auto Insurance - Teen Driving
Nodak Insurance Company does all it can to encourage the success of North Dakota teens. We start by offering incentives to teen drivers and in the process, enable safer teen driving.
A Note to Parents
- Two out of three teens who die as passengers are in a vehicle driven by another teen
- Nearly 15 teenagers lose their lives every day in car crashes across the United States
- Summer is the most dangerous time for teens to drive. Thirty-two percent of all teen traffic fatalities occur in June, July and August
- 54 percent of teen fatalities occur on Friday, Saturday and Sunday
Research continues to show that you have the strongest influence on your kids— and that includes driving behavior. The programs offered by Nodak Insurance Company are intended to save you money as you insure your young driver. But moreover, this is our effort in keeping your child from becoming one of the statistics.
When does a teen driver get added to his/her parents' policy?
Although a new driver is not added to the family policy until he or she gets a driver's license, we encourage parents to call your agent when your teen receives his or her driver's permit. Then your agent can give you helpful tips for keeping your premium affordable and keeping your driver safe.
Are there discounts available for teen drivers?
Where can I find information about teen driving and alcohol?
There are several sources of information available about alcohol, drugs and driving. We've pulled just a few.
- Alcohol affects your brain and impairs your judgment, resulting in slowed reflexes, loss of coordination and distorted vision
- A teenager whose Blood Alcohol Content (BAC) is between .05% and .10% is 36 times more likely to be involved in an accident than a sober teenager
- 32% of all fatally injured teenage drivers were legally intoxicated
- A person dies every 24 minutes from an alcohol-related auto accident
- Someone is injured by a drunk driver every two minutes
- Approximately two in every five motorists will be involved in an alcohol-related accident
This website contains only a general description of coverage, and is not a policy contract. Coverage under a Nodak Insurance Company product is subject to terms, conditions and exclusions in the actual policy.
Driving statistics obtained from National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and Institute for Highway Safety.